Professional Pet Sitter .
£10,166 a year | Average of 23 hours per week
The role offers a flexible annualised hours contract of 1,196 hours per year + holiday entitlements + bonus.
We provide a non-judgmental, professional pet care service in customer’ homes when they cannot be there. We visit pets in their own home once or twice a day to feed, clean and look after them when owners are on holiday or unavailable. We offer a bespoke service which intends to look after our customer's animal family, in the same manner as they are accustomed when they are home.
The animals you will be visiting are mainly cats. We also look after birds, rats, rabbits, fish,
tortoises and the occasional reptile. Training will be given on how to care for the different
pets. The job involves a lot of lifting, squatting, bending and occasionally crawling to make sure all animals are present and correct, and so a relatively good level of general fitness will be required. The 1,196 hours to be worked will be spread across the year, with some weeks requiring less hours to be worked than others, but you will always be paid for 23 hours per week (£782.00 per month).
Essential aspects of the role are:
- • A genuine love of animals, especially cats
- • Experience and confidence in working with animals, particularly cats. Training will be given regarding other animals
- • Experience or confidence to be a lone worker
- • Ability to self-supervise to ensure all tasks have been completed correctly
- • Ability to gather information to solve problems logically and calmly
- • A good level of general fitness
- • A flexible working schedule. Willing and able to work a varied schedule and crucially, the ability to work during our peak service weeks
- • Able to work alone, under pressure, and responsibly while also keeping track of events to be reported to the manager at the end of the shift
- • Excellent observational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- • Hard worker with a positive attitude
- • Comfortable working on a computer. Ability to work a smart phone and satnav
- • Able and confident enough to occasionally meet with new customers and speak to them about our services
- • Have excellent time management skills to ensure all duties are carried out within the agreed time
- • Be a safe and courteous car driver
- • Clean and eligible handwriting and ability to copy data for the administration tasks
- • Be able and willing to work shifts over Easter, Christmas (except Christmas Day) and New Year's
- • Hold a driving licence which allows you to drive an automatic car, live in the Leeds area and are able to travel to Armley before the morning shift starts at 6am